Pan Seared Chicken Caesar Salad
2 chicken breasts
1-2 TBS Olive Oil for Pan Searing
1/2 cup high quality extra virgin olive oil
1 large clove fresh garlic, peeled, smashed, then minced
1 baguette, preferably a day old, cubed
2 freshly juiced lemons (plus more to taste)
4 ounces Parmesan cheese, grated or more if you like
1 teaspoon anchovy paste, or 1-2 anchovies, smashed and minced
1 egg yolk
1 TBS Dijon Mustard
Freshly ground black pepper (1/4 teaspoon or to taste)
1/2 teaspoon salt
4-6 small heads of romaine lettuce, rinsed, patted dry, wilted outer leaves discarded
- Cut baguette bread into cubes.
- Line parchment paper or Silpat on cookie sheet.pat.
- Spread out bread cubes over cookie sheet.
- Brush or spray with olive oil (The Big Guy like the Winona Pure Olive Oil Spray)
- Sprinkle with Salt and Fresh Cracked Pepper.
- Broil for a couple of minutes until the tops are lightly browned. (Note: do not walk away, these can easily go from browned to burnt.)
- Remove and let cool.
- In a Saute Pan on Medium Heat add 1-2 TBS. of Oil and allow to heat up.
- Add chicken breast and cook until tender.
- Allow to rest before slicing.
- Add garlic and salt to a large salad bowl and mince together with the tips of a fork until the garlic is minced.
- Add the anchovies and continue to mince together.
- Next add the egg yoke, Lemon, and mustard.
- Mix together and start to drizzle in the Olive Oil until it is creamy.
Putting it all together:
- Toss dressing with torn romaine lettuce, cheese and croutons.
• Top with cooked and sliced chicken. Enjoy!