Blueberry and Cream Cheese Wontons
3 Cups Blueberries
3/4 Cup Sugar
1 Tbsp Cornstarch
2 Tbsp Water
1/4 Tsp Nutmeg freshly ground
1 Lemon Zest
- Add all ingredients to a large pot.
- Cook over medium heat and stir until cooked down, but still leave some blueberries whole.
- Cool then refrigerate overnight.
1 tsp cream cheese
1 tsp Blueberry Sauce
3 Tbsp Water
- Place 1 tsp of cream cheese and 1/2 tsp of blueberry sauce in the center of the wonton wrapper.
- Seal edges of wonton with egg wash or water (egg wash=1 egg and 3 Tbsp water)
- Deep fry until golden brown
*Caution: Filling will be very hot. Allow to cool for a few minutes before serving.